Enjoy a wonderful summer's day surrounded by blooming flowers. Following the walk our tour guide, Peggi Calder will show and discuss fresh and dried samples from her farm and provide details on delicious and nutritious recipes for using these local plants in your next meal. Ms. Calder's Plant ID and Wild Edible Cookbooks will also be on display. Small recipe brochure will be provided to all participants. Get inspired to create your first wild edible dish!
Registration is required – limited spots
- - Member (add link to Membership page) prices: $7 (individual) $15 (family)
- - Non-member prices: $10 (individual) $20 (family)
* Please Pay in Advance at the Nature Centre or Send a Check payable to Friends of Petrie Island to: FOPI c/o Al Tweddle, 1395 Sault Street, Ottawa, ON K1E 1G8 with details on which tour you wish to join, how many people and membership status.
- All tours will go on light rain or shine – please dress appropriately for the weather and wear closed toe shoes. Bring a water bottle, sunscreen and bugspray as needed.
- Last minute up dates will be available on our Twitter and Facebook sites.
- Meet in front of the Nature Interpretation Centre on Petrie Island. Please come 15 min early so that we can sign everyone in before the tour starts.
Questions? Please contact Katherine Forster through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 613-700-0959.